Image Manipulation

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

cbodell

Re: Image Manipulation

Post by cbodell » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:26 am

Another update for Photo Room! Simpler menus, easier access to basic common filters, and a "Color" button has been added. "Filter" button has been changed to "Adjust"

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:27 am

Hi Users,

19 new filters for light editing have been added, candle, regular bulbs, flourescent, sunlight, skylight, and gaseous exposure(light emitted from pressurized gases). Gamma filter has also been corrected, and more functionality and options have been added for contrast manipulation!

* Also, stack is below 1mb in filesize, leftover data from undo/redo functions is now removed as the image is closed.

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:09 am

HEllo Users,

A new update for Photo Room is now posted. There are several changes to the effects, and adjustments to existing effects. A new Category under the "Effects" button is now available, "Lense Effects", and "Portrait Effects" has also been update. There are 10 new options for skin tone adjustment. As of now, you will have the ability to increase towards a specific skin tone, be aware though, the skin tone adjustments apply to the entire image, not just the skin in the photograph. Meaning the entire image will be rendered with the tone adjustment. There is also a new feature for mirror blurring, and a soft glow from different values of the pixel. Regular, Decomposement, max luminance, etc.

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:24 am

Hi Users,

Another Update for Photo Room is posted. There are several new features. A new blurring method has been added, Radial Blur, in 4 different intensities. This filter blurs along a specific angulated set of coordinates, instead of the origional linear or gaussian methods. Other effects include warp(tornado shape),whirl(minor,extended,extreme),poke effect(using a radial effect centered in the image), and a tiled image effect, which uses a similar filter to mosaic tiles, but layers the full image on each tile. Full filter usability is not yet incorporated, but anyone using the engine exterally has the option for further parameter passes. Other simple filters add include, gray flattening, blacklevel(whitenss/blackness), aut-calibration for light evening, maximizing, lowering, and mid-toning. Some changes to menus have been made, removing obsolete filters.

Hope you enjoy!

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:30 am

Hi Everyone,

Another Update is posted in the link below. There is a new Centered Radial Blur, and the Poke Effect has been updated. Instead of blurring the image, it now insets. There are also several types and sizes of Refraction's available. Horizontal, Vertical, and Tiled. Another new filter is the Barrel Shrink, also in different intensities. The Swirl Effect has been adjusted for quality, though it still poses some issues on higher intensities of swirl. Any questions on adjusting parameters, feel free to ask.

Hope you Enjoy!

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi chris,

looks like the latest stack does not use the correct aspect ratio!
See attached screenhsot, left = your stack, I just OPENed the image, right = the original image (portrait format).

Or is that correct behaviour?
Am I missing something? :)

Best

Klaus
Attachments
wrong_aspect_ratio.jpg
wrong aspect ratio

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi Klaus,

It does not support aspect conversion, since the image has a lockLocation of true. I haven't integrated a scroll feature yet since i have just been testing the filters as i write them. Now that you mention it though, i will put that in the next update. Thanks for the notice!

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:08 am

An update has been posted for Photo Room!

There is now a Barrel Swirl, and Letterbox filter. Aspect Ratio/Resizing has not been integrated yet. This feature will be available soon!

Enjoy!

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:24 pm

Another update for Photo Room. Aspect Ratio has been integrated. Next release will have resize & cropping options.

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:44 pm

An update is available for Photo Room. The menu-button style has been changed. The main functions are now in a separate card "Main.eng". There is also a new engine "CSConv.eng" for conversion between most color spaces. There is no scroll bar integration yet, that is short to come.

If anyone would like to suggest panels/features to integrate, feel free to post with the location of and features they would like to see first. Enjoy!

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:39 pm

A new update for Photo Room has been posted, this release now has scroll bars. Next release will have resizing and cropping options.

Enjoy!

bn
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by bn » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi Chris,

thanks for posting this update.

I think you might want to look into the way you use commands with a function syntax. That throws an error.

e.g in the handler for -> light -> increase moisture:

function addFilter_IncreaseMoisture pImage,pStyle of card main you say

put rgbToYCbCr(tRGB) into pHold

however rgbToYCbCr is a command and not a function on card CSConv.eng.

Although you return a value from the command rgbToYCbCr it is in the result if returning from a command and you can not use the function-calling syntax as in rgbToYCbCr(tRGB)

you would either have to change the command rgbToYCbCr to a function or change the calling syntax to something like

code....
rgbToYCbCr tRGB
put the result into pHold
more code....

this seems to be occuring in different scripts judging from a find in the script editor.

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards

Bernd

Edit: Just a couple of minutes ago the newsletter from RunRev arrived and there is an article by J. Landman-Gay explaining the difference between Function and Command and how to invoke them:

http://www.runrev.com/newsletter/januar ... etter2.php

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:17 am

Bernd,

Thank you for noticing this problem, i've been catching an error for that exact reason, but could not track it down. I didn't think it was something so simple. The conversion library was all written in one sitting, and the old "rgbToYCBCR" function was rewritten into commands, i should've know id have to go in and do edit the "Main" engine.

Thanks for catching the error!

Chris Bodell

drumdemon7GA727d

Post by drumdemon7GA727d » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:00 pm

ooooo :o this looks pretty cool Chris... but does it works on a Mac? cuz its not working on mine... :/

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi Drumdemon,

Yes, it should work on a mac, though i can not test on mac, other users have mac platform's, and have had a few issues, but most have been resolved. What exactly is the problem?

Chris Bodell

Return to “Multimedia”