Slideshow?

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

bidgeeman

Slideshow?

Post by bidgeeman » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:57 pm

Is it possible to build a slideshow interrface that displays a set of thumbnail images or photo gallery on one side that has with a set clickable transitions to choose from on the other side in Runrev Studio?

Thanks
Bidge

xApple

Post by xApple » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:46 pm

It sure is possible... but it will take lots of work if you are going to try and compete with Keynote ;)

bidgeeman

Post by bidgeeman » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:49 pm

Hey thanks :) Do you know any good tutorials for a slideshow?

Bidge

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:35 pm

I thought Rev shipped with a template for slide shows, no?

bidgeeman

Post by bidgeeman » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:47 pm

I can't locate it in the sample projects.

Bidge

bidgeeman

Post by bidgeeman » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:53 pm

I think that the slideshow template is in RevMedia. I'm using RevStudio

Bidge

FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:00 am

bidgeeman wrote:I think that the slideshow template is in RevMedia. I'm using RevStudio
It's not also in Studio?

What vendor would design a product line where the low-end product has extra features missing from the higher-end product?

I'm sure you could just write support for a copy. It would seem really silly not to make it available for folks who spend five times as much.

bidgeeman

Post by bidgeeman » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:47 pm

WOW!!!! I just discovered the move script can do thanks to the debrill tutorials! It just wasn't covered in the tutorials! This is amazing and but i'm a bit miffed at having to scour the net for hours just to find it.

Bidge

Lynn P.

Post by Lynn P. » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:59 pm

There are a couple relating to slide shows at Marielle Lange's site:
http://revolution.widged.com/stacks/

Click on the PALETTES_PLUGINS button, and check out:
Auto Slide Lite by Klaus Major
and
Insert Slide by Marielle Lange

I'm sure there are others out there too, but have no time to do a search right now.

It's my understanding that Rev Media is not so much a low end product as the earlier Dreamcard was supposed to be, but is rather a focused product on media design so it includes templates focused in that area only.

Lynn P.

bidgeeman

Post by bidgeeman » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:06 pm

Thanks Lynn but I have found exactly what I was looking for using the move script and those fantastic derbrill tutorials. I'm making small but determined steps :)

Cheers
Bidge

FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:46 am

Lynn P. wrote:It's my understanding that Rev Media is not so much a low end product as the earlier Dreamcard was supposed to be, but is rather a focused product on media design so it includes templates focused in that area only.
Since the templates are compatible with Rev Studio and Rev Enterprise, why aren't they made available to those who spend 5 to 15 times as much as the Media customer?

malte

Post by malte » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:24 am

bidgeeman wrote:Thanks Lynn but I have found exactly what I was looking for using the move script and those fantastic derbrill tutorials. I'm making small but determined steps :)

Cheers
Bidge
Hi Bidge,

glad the tutorials help a bit. :-)

All the best,

Malte

bidgeeman

Post by bidgeeman » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 am

Hi Malte,
I cannot thank you enough for those tutorials. I am very new to Runrev but your tutorials have given me some hope. I was just about to give up on my project.

Many, many thanks to you!

Bidge

marielle
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by marielle » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:30 am

FourthWorld wrote:Since the templates are compatible with Rev Studio and Rev Enterprise, why aren't they made available to those who spend 5 to 15 times as much as the Media customer?
This is a bit out of topic, but I fully agree on this. As revMedia is the tool of choice for complete beginners and as more expert users have been left out, no further templates have been developed than the ones made available by revolution or the animation library contributed by Malte. I would think that this decision contributes to make revmedia a weaker product than if revmedia was made available to studio and enterprise users. But I may be wrong.
Last edited by marielle on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:12 pm

The greatest expense in choosing a proprietary language isn't the purchase price, it's the cost of learning the language.

Nothing teaches like a good example.

Sharing Media's excellent templates with customers who pay many times more increase adoption by decreasing the learning curve.

Return to “Multimedia”