drawingSVGcompile Wish List

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

bwmilby

Re: drawingSVGcompile Wish List

Post by bwmilby » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:27 am

Something is going wrong with the compile function. What version of LC are you using (number and edition)?

(I wrapped it in a “try” block so it wouldn’t keep halting on you, but it doesn’t reveal the actual error.)
Brian Milby

Script Tracker https://github.com/bwmilby/scriptTracker

teriibi

Post by teriibi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:20 am

Community plus 9.0 Dp 10 or 11...
HAVE BOTH INSTALLED.
same resutls on both.
Moved 2nd frame above the first on so I could enlarged the 3rd one.
Attachments
SVG FRAME ADAPTED.png

teriibi

Post by teriibi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Showing correctly with DP11 only. using samples submited with stack
( still with an empty frame using other Worlds Map from Dmapcom - as seen above)
:mrgreen:
Attachments
svg90dp11.png

bwmilby

Post by bwmilby » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:58 pm

That is probably a bug in the library. I’ll see if I can find those maps to take a look.
Brian Milby

teriibi

Post by teriibi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:26 pm

LCMark
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCMark » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:44 pm

@terilib / @bwmilby : Those maps don't work because they use a 'style' element along with element class attribtues to specify the fills/stroke attributes. There's a request for style element support here: http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=20832.

teriibi

Post by teriibi » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:23 pm

@lcmark
sorry for my ignorance here but since each map displays "fine" at least in the very last frame...why do they also have to display in the first (empty) one ? ...If they don t crash in/the APP. :roll:

Comparing to the 3 cats samples, one could retouch a country map to fill it with colours so that it would make them display fine in all 3 frames, right ? - switch from a no supported element to suported one..All cats are using colours to fillup their shapes, why cant the Maps do the same ?
(dont know how hard it would be to modify each map that way)

bwmilby

Post by bwmilby » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:11 am

The third frame is just a browser widget. That is the “control” or reference view of the file. It is to see if the LC rendering is accurate. So anything that displays well in a normal browser should work there.

The middle frame is the SVG icon widget. It only uses the path statements from the SVG. This is fine for most icons since when you create a font it can only use paths. The font awesome font that is included with LC is an example.

The first frame is an image object with the text of it set to the compiled SVG drawing. This is a new feature of DP11. It expands on the SVG icon in that you can now do anything with a SVG drawing that you could do with an image. DP11 has a couple of things that will be fixed in the next release (like rotation and there was a typo in one of the shapes that caused it to not render some files at all). If you pull down the whole repo of that link I posted you have 10k SVG files (mostly icons). It is quite remarkable at how many are excellent at this stage. Many more still look good even if not exactly like the reference.

And yes, you could take a file that renders properly and modify it using a SVG editor. I don’t know enough about the format to identify limitations though. My advice would be to only make a few changes and then check that the file was still rendered properly.
Brian Milby

teriibi

Post by teriibi » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:52 am

Thanks for all these details
Glad to read that SVG will be supported even better in the coming versions-- :P -

Return to “Multimedia”