QT player resize redraw issue

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Martin Koob
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

QT player resize redraw issue

Post by Martin Koob » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:54 pm

In my application there is an option to change the size of the player while a movie is loaded in the player.

There is an intermittent problem with the screen redraw when this is done. The frame from the original movie remains on screen.

Sometimes when going from a larger size ie 2 x original size to a smaller size ie 1 x original size, the full image of the frame of the 2x movie remains drawn on the stack and the smaller 1 x movie appears within the larger image but the movie controller is hidden by the larger image. You can click on the hidden controller and start and stop the movie and drag the slider. The 1 x movie updates accordingly but often the 2 x image remains. Sometimes dragging the hidden slider causes the redraw to happen and the larger image disappears.

The opposite sometimes happens when going from a small size to a larger size. The original movie frame remains and the 2 x movie redraws under it. However the controller is visible. Clicking on the controller(play or drag slider) will force the whole 2 x frame to redraw correctly.

I have tried a couple of things like calling a redraw stack handler:

on redrawStack
lock screen
unlock screen
end redrawStack

This did not resolve the issue.

My stack is metal so I changed it to a regular window but it still was an issue.

Any ideas why this happens or how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:58 am

Hi Martin,

Does setting the alwaysBuffer of the movie to false help?

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

Martin Koob

Post by Martin Koob » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:40 pm

The 'always buffer' was already false. I tried turning that on just to see what would happen and the movie would not even play.

Martin

andyh1234

Post by andyh1234 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:15 pm

Just had a similar problem on a windows runtime, instead of using lock and unlock screen (which didnt work), I tried

push card
pop card

This seems to force a redraw of the screen and seemed to work for me.

Return to “Multimedia”