Audio Files

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

drumdemon7GA727d

Audio Files

Post by drumdemon7GA727d » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Does anyone know what kind of audio file is required in LiveCode?? cuz ive tried mp3, aac, wma, m4a, and nothing seems to work. I just hear static when the sound is suppose to be playing :cry:

spencer

Re: Audio Files

Post by spencer » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:39 pm

The LiveCode User Guide says,

"13.4Working with Sounds
In addition to playing back sound in a wide variety of formats using the player object, LiveCode has in-built support for playback of WAV, AIFF and AU format audio clips.
Important: You must set dontUseQT to true before you perform any movie or player
related action.
Note: We recommend you use the player object for playing audio as it supports a wide
range of formats and compression types. Use the audio clip when you need basic audio
playback on systems that do not have any of the 3rd party libraries supported by the
player object installed."

That User Guide is opened by clicking on the "User Guide" button on the splash screen of the "Start Center", which shows up each time you start LiveCode if it is checked to do so in Preferences.

d.m.holdawayGA2553

Post by d.m.holdawayGA2553 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:26 pm

sorry just wanted to follow up on this,

when i import mp3's audio clips part of the application browser thats when i get static.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:20 am

Return to “Multimedia”